Who is your favorite Hamlet character?

Monday, January 26, 2009

“Goodnight Sweet Prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.” Who and what are the people and things that you are most loyal to?

The definition of loyalty is: remaining faithful to a country, person, ruler, government, or ideal. Everyone needs someone in their life who is very loyal to them and who they are loyal to, like Hamlet and Horatio. I think I am most loyal to my family and friends. My family is probably the people I’m most loyal to first, since they have been there for me through everything, no matter what. Second, would probably be my friends, they always have my back and are there for me, and I’m always there for them when they need me. Today, you won’t find true loyalty very many places, so I think when someone is loyal, we value it fairly well. Maybe if we valued and rewarded it more, there would be more loyal people. There are many people who are loyal, but only to a certain point, and then they leave their friend or something. Horatio was there for Hamlet through everything, his father’s death, his mother’s remarriage, and all his other problems. If there were more people like that today, I think this world would be a much better place.

1 comment:

  1. We also think that there are very few people in the world that are there for you and stick up for you. We believe that if there were people like Haratio then the world would be a much better place.

    P.S. St and Gm

    ReplyDelete