Who is your favorite Hamlet character?

Monday, January 26, 2009

Is Hamlet a relevant play for today’s audience? What does the modern reader gain from Hamlet? Should students today continue to read these quotes?

I think Hamlet is a very good play for today’s audience. It contains fighting, love, hatred, revenge, ghosts, killing, suicide, mystery, and may other exciting things. I know that when I watched this movie and learned about it, it made me have more of a respect for Shakespeare. I used to think he was just this boring dead guy that wrote a bunch of boring stuff and that people who liked his work was crazy, but now I’m one of those crazy people. That’s the main reason why I think students today should still learn about him and all his work. His quotes were so well thought, and really make you think about them and learn from them. They were never to the point like most quotes are today, they require you thinking about what you personally think they mean, which I really enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment