Who is your favorite Hamlet character?

Monday, January 26, 2009

"To be or not to be, that is the question..." ~Hamlet talking to his father in his tomb

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them."

When Hamlet said this, I think he meant that there is no way to get out of having troubles. Either you are rich and suffer "slings and arrows" or you are poor and stuffer a "sea of troubles." This quote could actually have many different meanings to it, just depending on what's on your mind when you read in, what things in your life have been happening, and just how you view life. I think that this is the kind of quote that really makes you think about it in order to fully understand it. From reading this quote, I learned a lot about Shakespeare. He's a lot more clever than I would've ever thought him to be. Even though this is one of his quotes that I don't fully understand yet, I'm sure that once I understand it, it will be a wonderful quote.

4 comments:

  1. i like this it was very nice and there was alot of effort put into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel that this is a great quote i see the purpose.JH

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really like this and I wrote very similar things to what you wrote. I think that we also started to understand Shakespeare more after learning about this qoute.

    P.S. St and Gm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that there was alot of work put into this and i think that it is a good quote. GW and LS

    ReplyDelete